مرمرو

نوشته‌های مرجان عالمی، عاشق بی‌قرار تورنتو

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Poker, Jigar and frisbee!

We played poker last night at my place. It was fun. I think at one point Tim the security guard at the concierge desk got really concerned about me. Out of everybody that I invited, all the guys showed up first. So he was letting in five guys before the girls start to show up. I wonder what went through his mind.
I found a new recipe for a drink and it's delicious.
a shot of Malibu, 1 shot of cranberry juice and 1 shot of orange juice with little bit of lime juice. It's pretty good. Try it... you won't be disappointed.
After playing one round of poker we went on the rooftop for Jigar Kabab and Skyy shot in Dixie mouth wash cups! I found those cups in Costco and they are perfect paper cups for shots and for making Jell-O Shots.
Then Soroush made this shisha with apple flavored tobacco. My father brought the shisha from Iran for me. I didn't know how to use it so it was sitting in my cupboard for almost a year.
We came back downstairs and continue our game until three in the morning
I went for brunch to Bon Jour Brioche this morning with Sam and Talayeh. It's was delicious as always. Latte with Chocolate croissant, Broccoli, tomato and feta quiche and of course my favorite lemon tart after that. The weather was great and spending time with my favorite people was relaxing.
We went to IKEA and Canadian Tire after! This part is not exciting however Sam has this new toy ...It's called Nintendo DS Lite. I'm so getting one tomorrow! I also found this new game on my cell phone. It's like bejeweled but it's called Quadra pop. It's pretty cool. I don’t think I found it in the right time though!
I went for a bike ride and little picnic and a game of Frisbee at high park. The weather was nice.
This blog entry is dedicated to someone who could only read geek magnet and horticulture and didn't mention the sense of humor!
I will resume writing in farsi. As you can see this blog is not made for writing left to right.

9 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do all these "I"s refere to one person,...

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Marjan jan,man Parastou hastam,20 salame va daneshjoo hastam,khaili neveshtehatoo doost daram chonke shade va ehsas esteghlal ro behem mide.
    lotfan bishtar az khodet aks begzar.akshaye arousi va lebaset vaghean ziba va khoshgel boud.

    mibosamet.Parastou.

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read this in English, by the help of an Arianpour dictionary and my english teacher, please please hang out with me now...

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Marjan, its Persian not farsi.

    and tell us more about the picnic :)

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    salam.khoshhalam ke hamchenan ravoono samimim minevisin.khosh bashid.

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Hossein said…

    it is a window!!

     
  • At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I see lots of people folllowing your writings. So, it's cool but it's not fair. It's like a fantasy novel for some of them who have your life in dreams. Would you like to follow them in your life?!! n
    Why not, Go ahead,... n
    Let them know more about you as much as possible. It's a dairy fantasy novel. Come on, Don't Stop! n
    We will all follow you. n

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wouldn't say a fantasy novel. I'm one of those who read M's posts regularly, not because it adds to my knowledge, but because it's fun: It's an escape from all the serious stuff I have to deal with in life. I don't know if you can call it unfair: Here we see her life unfold and follow it like one of those soap operas, there's nothing wrong about that, right?

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is an example of how "the masses are asses" and are into superficiality rather than essential stuff. Just look at how many people log on to this site daily, why? Because so is the nature of things that interests them. They're not after philosophy, art... and all those things that require effort and give one a deeper layer of meaning in life... or are they? You tell me?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home